CAPE and Shear Scripts?

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
svrwx0503

CAPE and Shear Scripts?

Post by svrwx0503 »

Does anyone have any good scripts which plot current CAPE and wind shear values?

Thanks
tornadoforecaster

Re: severe scripts

Post by tornadoforecaster »

I could use those scripts too, but I think at this time, the scripting in DAWS does not allow us to write scripts for these parameters just yet. I hope someone or Tim will allow us to do this soon.

Unless we have some genious out there who could dream us up some scripts! :lol:

Randy
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

It is 10x's easier once scripting can do GRIB files. Considering GRIB files has everything in them already.
tornadoforecaster

Re: Severe parameter scripts

Yeah, and then being able to work with GRIB datasets in the first place. Ideally, I'd like to see Tim build a module within DAWS which would compute all these parameters, and we could do contours and plots. With GRIB datasets, all the data is presorted and classified for use, I believe.

Randy
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Matt,

You can call up individual balloon sites using data/sounding in DA WS to get the various CAPE numbers.

I know it is the SCREWY diagram:), and not contours, but it is better than nothing..I suppose.

Perhaps we can get texsky/Bob to look into this for us...he seems to be the scripting expert for DA WS. At least he has come out with some great ones in the past.

Pat
tornadoforecaster

Re: scripts

I've contacted Bob offlist about some of these parameters, and I have not heard back from him. I hope he responds soon!

RG
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

You can do it with the 00Z and 12Z Launches Pretty easy! I am just waiting for the GRIB support to be fuctional with scripting and then i will give you that! But we need TIM to write GRIB with scripting before we can do anything like that! I dont like old data therefore i will not write something for just 00z and 12z!
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Only use it at 01Z and 13Z then:)