Re: freezing level contour scripts

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
tornadoforecaster

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Hello fellas:

Does anyone know how to devise a script which would show freezing level contours and station plots for DA WS? I guess it can be done, but I have no clue as to writing it. Any help much appreciated.

Randy
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

surface or upper air?
tornadoforecaster

Hi Jon:

Upper air.

Randy
texsky

Post by texsky »

Randy,

The only way I know of to extract freezing levels is from GRIB data. Scripting for GRIB forecasts is hopefully an area that Tim will devote some time to when he starts programming again.

hth,
Bob
tornadoforecaster

Hi Bob:

Yeah, if he ever gets around to it! I hope it's very soon, because allot of our clients are ready to withdraw as clients and go elsewhere for their information. Besides, I don't know about "grib" data at all.

So, we'll see what happens I guess!!! :?

RG
Lon Curtis

PC-GRIDDS has it

Post by Lon Curtis »

PC-GRIDDS (32 bit) generates height of the 0-deg C isotherm as one of its fields from grib/grid input. The command for plotting this field is HGHT 0DEG and the output appears to be in meters, probably meters above mean sea level. I know that isn't much help with respect to DAWS but the data is available if you want it.