DAWS kudos

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Carl Sidor

DAWS kudos

Post by Carl Sidor »

Tim,
Just a quick note to say how pleased I am with DAWS. I downloaded it just fine to CDburning file, so that I would have a disk backup. The install went fine, and it was ready to go to work. Radar mode is fantastic, it has similar features to what our local TV station is touting for it's fancied-up Nexrad displays. I'll bet DAWS is much cheaper! The only niggling comment I have is that the wind vectors plot out in a hard to discern grey color. Is there any way of changing this to a darker color? Also, will isoheights be available in the future for upper air data? They are the only reason that I haven't removed DA 2000 from my computer. By the way, both DAWS and DA2000 are on my computer, and they seem to be co-existing at the moment just fine.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Thanks for the report. Since we usually only hear about the bugs, good comments are always appreciated just as well.

Normally you should be able to set vector and barbs by just going VECT COLOR=200,0,0 WIND but I notice that COLOR is only working on isopleths. I will fix this as a top priority item.

Tim