using time/date Tokens and SET

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
nigel.heasman

using time/date Tokens and SET

Post by nigel.heasman »

Hi,
I am currently using the date and time tokens (@MMZ@DDZ@HHZ@NNZ) in a script, as part of the file names. I am firstly saving these files in a local directory and then uploading them to a web site. Then do the same for a different chart.

So far I haven't seen any problems using this method but just wonder what would happen if the computers clock ticked over to the next minute during the scripts run time. Would the @NNZ value change (and therefore the last part of the filename) so that the later files would have a different name?
Has anyone any experience of this method causing a problem?

I wonder if I would be better off using the SET command, so that the date and time is kept constant throughout the script.

Have tried having SET 1 @MMZ, SET 2 @DDZ, SET 3 @HHZ, SET 4 @NNZ (on seperate lines) at the top of the script and then putting $$1$$2$$3$$4 as the last part of the file names, throughout the script, but it doesn't work for me - the files end up with no date or time at the end of the name!

Any help/advice would be most appreciated, particularly if I have got the syntax wrong.
Nigel
Les

Post by Les »

Nigel,

Once the command sequence has been initiated (at a particular time on your PC clock), the deed is done.

The server uploading the data to you is unaware of real-time changes in your computer clock.

Les
nigel.heasman

Post by nigel.heasman »

Les,
thanks a lot for your reply - I was worrying unnecessarily then!
cheers
Nigel