'BANK' statement does not work in scripts

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Les

'BANK' statement does not work in scripts

Post by Les »

I find that, after running a script that loads a background satellite image, I am unable to subsequently run a similar script which plots contours on the BaseMap only (i.e. with NO background image).

The satellite image is 'remembered', even though this second script makes no reference to it. The BLANK statement, which clears everything when typed in as a direct command, does not prevent the image appearing when a non-image script is run (when the BLANK statement is placed at the top of the script).

Although, annoyingly, when placed at the END of the script, it does blank the screen.

Have I missed somnething?

Is there an alternative way to make DAWS 'forget' a bqackground image.

Les
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Try ERASE instead of BLANK
Les

Post by Les »

Nonsense!

ERASE is not designed to remove the basemap, and doesn't. ERASE only removes the superimposed data.

Please check your ideas out first before suggesting something that is just dead WRONG.

Les
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

&quot wrote:Nonsense!

ERASE is not designed to remove the basemap, and doesn't. ERASE only removes the superimposed data.

Please check your ideas out first before suggesting something that is just dead WRONG.

Les
Didnt mean to hype up the blood pressure there. Sorry about that! Maybe someone here can answer the questions. Again sorry for making you a little mad. Didnt mean it!
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Don't worry wxforecaster. Some people are just RUDE!
Les

Post by Les »

Hi,

Not mad at all - just a factual reply.

I always check new ideas before I mail them - saves folf going round in circles.

Les
Les

typo

Post by Les »

That should have read 'folk' in the preceding mail.

Les