Unable to change fonts

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Baroclinicity

Unable to change fonts

Post by Baroclinicity »

After installing patch 1.0c yesterday, all text displays in DA as Arial. However, the font preferences listed in the style scheme (listed through DA and through the .sty file) are not Arial.

I first noticed that the font for the radar data block was Arial, instead of Lucida Console (which is what it was set to)

I can edit any of the font preferences, but they do not seem to take effect within the program (even after restarting the program). I'm not sure if this is a bug or a user error.
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

FWIW, I just tried to do the same thing, and it didn't work for me either.

Ben
texsky

Post by texsky »

Are you sure you're saving the changes to your "style" after you make them? I've not had this problem.

Bob
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

I did save the changes. I opened the STY file to make sure and the changes were saved there.
texsky

Post by texsky »

I played around some more with this and ran into the problems you described. However, as a work-around, I was able to create a new style that accepts the modifications as intended. You might try this if you've only been trying to change some of the included styles...but clearly this is a bug that Tim will probably want to fix.

Hope this helps.
Bob
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

I tried your recommendation and it worked. I created a new style and it shows the correct fonts. :)
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Don't use any old style files (before V1.0c).... they are not compatible anymore. Use the defaults that come with the package and make your own from that.

Tim