Problem with v1.0d: Radar accumulated precipitation

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Baroclinicity

Problem with v1.0d: Radar accumulated precipitation

Post by Baroclinicity »

When the program plots any of the accumulated precipitation products (1 hour, 3 hour or storm total), the data is not scaled to the basemap. It looks like it plots the 124 nautical mile data inside a 62 nautical mile ring. Changing the website that the products come from has no effect.

Here is a picture:

Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Thanks for letting me know about this and for posting the sample (the data block helps greatly). The raster products such as this one have been extremely problematic because of poor standards documentation (no coordinate system description, etc). It looks like Digital Atmosphere is having trouble scaling this particular product. I'll make a note to take a look.

Tim
rosmanson

Post by rosmanson »

how are you guys placing the screen captures into your messages from Clipboard viewer????????????
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

rosmanson wrote:how are you guys placing the screen captures into your messages from Clipboard viewer????????????
After saving the image, I placed them on a photo service that allows 'hotlinking'. http://www.photobucket.com/