Another couple of bugs

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
MarcC

Another couple of bugs

Post by MarcC »

Hi Tim,

After I wrote my previous comment, I plotted rawinsonde observations at the 250 MB level on a base map of much of North America and clicked Analysis>pressure>balanced height field (m). The following chart was the result:

As you can see, DAWS plotted some observations out in the Pacific that I haven't seen on other charts. Where did these come from? Height data doesn't appear to be supplied with them whatever they are.

Also, when I click Map>Add date stamp, I get the following error:

Digital Atmosphere encountered an error: Access violation at address 0055D3CB in module 'DIGATMOS.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF

Regards,
Marc
Baroclinicity

Post by Baroclinicity »

Also, when I click Map>Add date stamp, I get the following error:

Digital Atmosphere encountered an error: Access violation at address 0055D3CB in module 'DIGATMOS.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
I am also getting this error when trying to put a timestamp on the image.
tornadoforecaster

Re: bugs

Post by tornadoforecaster »

After downloading data from COD, I also tried plotting the same features, and I come up with the same errors using the same methods Marc selected. I also note that upper level wind speed hatching does not plot but color contours show in a lime color. This is version 1.0d.

Hope this helps.

Randy
Lon Curtis

Post by Lon Curtis »

It doesn't appear anyone has answered this part of the original question (hope this doesn't duplicate a previous reply) ... I think the plots out over the Pacific are aircraft reports from (mostly) jets flying at an altitude ~equivalent to 250mb. These reports give the aircraft altitude in hundreds of feet MSL using a standard MSL pressure of 239.29in (i.e. FL330 would be 33,000 ft).
Lon Curtis

Post by Lon Curtis »

Wow ... I shouldn't try to type this early on Sunday ... that standard pressure should be 29.92 inches.