XCONV - GRIB with DAWS

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Ian

XCONV - GRIB with DAWS

Post by Ian »

Hi all,

I am using a program called XCONV for grib data, its a convertor program for GRIB data, it can be run with CONVSH for auto mode.

I would like to convert grib data using this program to data that DAWS can read.

Does anybody know what format does DAWS read in ??

Ian

PS, why does my wave scripts look the same as my SST ????
LocoAko

re:

Post by LocoAko »

as far as I know DAWS does read .grb files, as long as they're very small. It can also take a few other file types but I haven't had much luck. .grb just worked for me two days ago.
Stefan Lichius

GRIB data in DAWS

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi Ian,

Tim let you know:
I'm not really sure that XCONV will help since DAWS can already read
GRIB data.

Tim

With best regars,
Stefan
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Being that this is in the "scripting" forum I have no found a way to use GRIB files with Auto scripting. I dont think there ever will be a way to do it. I have been asking tim for this for over 2-3 years and still nothing. I pretty much gave up because i know it might not ever happen. Very disspointing!

I would recommend other "Free" Programs such as WIN GRIDDS, GEMPAK, IDV or anything else that the government issues. Plus the Support (software upgrades) are great. You dont have to wait for a little upgrade for 1-4 months like Fusion or DAWS!

Jon
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

No doubt the dudes involved in the federal government software just finished writing a 300-page forecasting book as well.

Pat

Ps WinGridds is great software and I'm glad we are kept up to date on this forum regarding all the exciting changes!