EnsembleData in Wingridds

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
andyg

EnsembleData in Wingridds

Post by andyg »

Do I assume if one wants to use ensemble grib data in WINGRIDDS, this gribdata is considered regular grib data?

There is no special choice to convert this particular gribdata.

When I converted ensemble gribdata in WINGRIDDS, I just get one large griddata file rather than the individual enemble member files.
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Andy (I guess),

Yes, ensemble GRIB are ingested with NGRB2PCG32 (Regular GRIB Ingest). However, the ensemble data *should* have been broken up into the individual members...unless you downloaded the mean, average or something like that. I can't say without details of what you did.

Thanks,
Jeff
andyg

Post by andyg »

Jeff,

The problem seems to be with the NCDC and NCEP servers that allow for one
to create a grib slice. Alas these servers have been screwed up for the past 3-4 days both in terms of availability of data and/or one's ability to download the data.

Once they are functional I'll see if I can duplicate the error.

In addition to what "slice" of the grib data I made (longitudes W & E) and the corresponding latitudes ( N & S), what other info ( i.e., what OUT file) do you need.

Andy
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Andy,

Thanks for the info. I'm not as concerned about the geographic area covered but rather the specific Ensemble messages you downloaded & how NGRB2PCG32 handled it. I need to know if the individual Ensemble members, Ensemble mean or spread were in the data. It is that data which is where the individual PCGdata files are created. Also, were they GRIB 1 or GRIB2 (compressed) files?

After you do an ingest, just foreward me the NGRB2PCG32.OUT file as long as it is not too big... I'd rather not have to wade through 184 hours of data to get what I need ;-)

Thanks,
Jeff
andyg

Post by andyg »

Jeff,

I'll download some "old" ensemble files (not 184 hours worth, possibly only 160 hours, just kiding!). I'll pass the info on to you soon.