WAFS CONVERSION ABORTS with O KB files.

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
andyg

WAFS CONVERSION ABORTS with O KB files.

Post by andyg »

Jeff,

I haven't played around with WAFs data for a while but did yesterday and today, using the autoftp feature in WINGRIDDS.

I was downloading data for the L and P octants from BOTH NCEP and NWS servers.

It would download fine

During the conversion process from WAFS grid to wingrid, the conversion process would STOP when a 0KB file was encountered. Upon looking in the GRIDDATA folder there was no WAFS grid file made at all.

Even though there could have been data for each of the two octants through a give time (let's say out through 60 hours) but if either one or both of those octant files at 66 hours had 0Kbs the coneversion process would immediately stop.

Hope this makes sense...

Lastly, is there a command that can be used or an option in wingridds to purge the WAFS and Non-WAFS grib files after they have been downloaded? (Similar to such a choice on the PCG32 menu system).

Thanks.

Andy
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Andy,

Sorry for the slow reply...I would like to see the GRIB2PCG32.OUT file to see what files it was working with.

As for your data purge suggestion, I wondered about that during the initial design & if that was usefull. I'll add it to the WINGRIDDS system under the 'File' menu entry.

Thanks,
Jeff
andyg

Post by andyg »

No problem on the slow reply.

I'll send you the out file. FYI- it also happened with Non-WAF (regular grib data, too).

Thanks for adding file cleanup in a future release.

Andy