Naming Export maps

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
WxFish

Naming Export maps

Post by WxFish »

I am trying to write a script that will run when DAWS is opened from windows scheduler and will produce a series of maps and export them. I want this script to run a couple times a day (1Z and 13Z). But I don't want to overwrite the maps that I have already exported from the previous runs (e.g. dont want the maps run at 13Z to over write maps that were exported from 1Z run) or the previous day for the same time (e.g. don't want day 2 1Z map to overwrite day 1 1Z map). Is there a way to put a variable name in the export command? For example I thought I might be able to have an export map name "500mb@Y@M@D" thinking it might put the file name might turn out "500mb061213". Of course the filename turned out to be "500mb@Y@M@H" (should have guessed this :oops: )
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Without look at the manual, which i know it is in there.. but you are on the right track. It is @YY@DD@MM.. you just have to double up the letters and it should work... Eventhough i dont know if it is YY, DD and MM but you get the point i am sure! Good luck!

I hope that helps a little!

Jon
Fred

Post by Fred »

A line from one of my scripts:
EXPORT,d:\PRODUCTS\DAWS\Dewpoint\@YYL@MML@DDL@HHL@NNL.JPG
WxFish

Post by WxFish »

The @YYL@MML@DDL worked. It seems the L char is the key.

Thanks for the help! It's rare when you can't get your answer on this forum.
WxFish

Post by WxFish »

To be more precise it's the combination of double letters and the L character (e.g. @YYL works @YL does not).
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Just in case anybody would like to download an image and date it from a website, something like the following works great:

download,http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/Ra ... sRADAR.gif

This will download the full resolution RIDGE CONUS NEXRAD image, and save it to your computer using system date and time down to the minute. Maybe schedule the download for every 20-30 minutes or so for the RIDGE imagery.

This is a great little feature for archiving imagery off the web for later use.

Pat