The Weather Forecasting Forum

Discussions about the latest in meteorology, programs, tools, and techniques
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ceiling Data
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:58 am 

Hello, my name is Josef, and I live in Germany,that my first Posting in this forum. I look to work on data for a Script around the Ceiling Data. The instruction “Product,cig” does not go unfortunately. Who knows me a helping?
PS. Many thanks for very great scripts in this Forum!
Josef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:22 am 

Hi Josef,

If you are just looking to script ceiling plots something like this will work. Go to file, preferences, station plots and save the plot model displayed (so you can load the same model again later) - maybe name it default. After having saved the default, click on clear all, and then in the center box scroll down until you find cig and click it. Uncheck the plot wind barb box in the upper left. Click on save plot model again and name it cig - you're all set. For the script below to work, you will need to create the C:\sao directory

erase
download,[url]http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/data1/surface/sao/@Y@M@D@H_sao.wmo,C:\sao\@YYZ@MMZ@DDZ@HHZ_sao.wmo[/url]
ingest,C:\sao\*.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

Edit:

There is a minor error in the way the above script was written... basically the ingest line is telling the software to ingest the entire directory instead of one file. So change the script to this and it will only ingest the most recent file:

erase
download,[url]http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/data1/surface/sao/@Y@M@D@H_sao.wmo,C:\sao\@YYZ@MMZ@DDZ@HHZ_sao.wmo[/url]
ingest,C:\sao\@YYZ@MMZ@DDZ@HHZ_sao.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

The above also archives the surface files by date in that directory. If you don't care to save the observations, use the script below and it will overwrite the file with each download:

erase
download,[url]http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/data1/surface/sao/@Y@M@D@H_sao.wmo,C:\sao\surface.wmo[/url]
ingest,C:\sao\*.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

sorry for any confusion this caused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:45 am 

Rear one, Pat thank you very much for your assistance, now it functions great! I learn still and there am important to each success. Thanks!
Josef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 am 

You're welcome, Josef.

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:37 am 

HI, Pat thank you for the correction. I had already noticed and had changed it. I get always all data over a common script and divide then the files. In the coming days I will place the Script in the forum, it would be beautifully if you it would times look at.

Josef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:05 am 

Glad you noticed it, Josef! What happed was I opened up the wrong script to copy and paste that first line from :) Oh well, stuff like that happens from time to time.

Pat