WINGRIDDS Beta 2.8 Release Notice

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
jkrob

WINGRIDDS Beta 2.8 Release Notice

Post by jkrob »

All,

This is to announce the release of WINGRIDDS Beta 2.8. Hopefully, the information text issue in the upper left corner has been resolved and a previous bug fix was inadvertently removed & has now been re-installed. Please read the release Notes for full information. If all is good in this release, I'm planning WINGRIDDS 1.1 to be released on April 2...no...not April 1st....

Thanks in advance for all your support
Jeff Krob
WINGRIDDS System Developer
Fred Capello

Post by Fred Capello »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update of WINGRIDDS Beta 2.8, which I downloaded and installed tonight (Sunday). Unfortunately the problem with the text in the upper left corner still exists although it did improve somewhat. I tried various screen resolutions but it didn't change in any of these other settings. Look at the attached image below to see how it appears now on my computer with a couple of white, horizontal lines through the text.

The delete files dialog box is indeed working fine again and I thank you for fixing that issue. Don't waste too much time on trying the resolve the text problem in the upper left corner. I'll await the issuance of version 1.1 and wish you a lot of patience with solving all future problems with programming while developing WINGRIDDS further.

Cheers!

Fred
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Fred,

Thanks for the feedback. By the looks of things, your situation has actually changed a bit. instead of your text being cut off, you are now dealing with the blanking lines not matching up with the text lines. With your white background, it makes that stand out. I'll bet, if you switch to the black background, the text 'looks' fine, although the black background is just hiding the problem of the blanking lines.

Hey, at least I'm making progress...

Thanks again,
Jeff Krob
WINGRIDDS System Developer