Questions:

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
andyg

Questions:

Post by andyg »

I hope I can explain this well.

I run a WINGRIDDS session using the GFS data, finish and then exit WINGRIDDS completely.

Later I start another WINGRIDDS session and the last map from my prior session using the GFS loads up. Why does this happen?

I am also having two issues:

1) When I try to use NAM grib data, WINGRIDDS won't display all the data (using the ETAL command) AND the base maps don't show up at all, I either get just data on the screen or blank screen.

Now after I use NAM data in WINGRIDDS and exit the program and then go back into it, this NAM image (unlike the GFS image mentioned above ) prevents WINGRIDDS from booting up.

Once I delete this image (it is a file with the letters DA), WINGRIDDS boots okay.

2) I put a clean install of the latest WINGRIDDS release on my computer a few weeks back. Now I now cannot get GEM and GGEM grib data to be "converted" into WINGRIDDS format.

I think there is a file that I have to edit to put in the Canadian grids. Am I correct? If so which file?

Thanks for any and all help!

AG
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

>I hope I can explain this well.
>
>I run a WINGRIDDS session using the GFS data, finish and then exit >WINGRIDDS completely.
>
>Later I start another WINGRIDDS session and the last map from my >prior session using the GFS loads up. Why does this happen?
>

First off - what version of WINGRIDDS are you running? Since WINGRIDDS is 'grid oriented', when you open a data file, it has to put some kind of map area up, so for lack of a better option, it uses the last map area used. What would your option be?

>I am also having two issues:
>
>1) When I try to use NAM grib data, WINGRIDDS won't display all the >data (using the ETAL command) AND the base maps don't show up at >all, I either get just data on the screen or blank screen.
>

Sorry, I need more info. There is no ETAL command...There may be a macro, but no command (there is a difference). Also, I don't know which Grid projection number you are using. Have you tried doing the 'AREA 0 0 0' to center the map in the particular NAM projection?

>Now after I use NAM data in WINGRIDDS and exit the program and then >go back into it, this NAM image (unlike the GFS image mentioned above >) prevents WINGRIDDS from booting up.

Keeps WINGRIDDS from booting up??? Is there an error?

>
>Once I delete this image (it is a file with the letters DA), WINGRIDDS >boots okay.

You must be more specific than "...it is a file with the letters DA".

>2) I put a clean install of the latest WINGRIDDS release on my computer >a few weeks back. Now I now cannot get GEM and GGEM grib data to be >"converted" into WINGRIDDS format.
>
>I think there is a file that I have to edit to put in the Canadian grids. Am >I correct? If so which file?

What files did you modify to get those GRIB files to ingest before? What errors are shown in the window during the processing & what errors are lisated in the NGRB2PCG32.OUT file? What files does the documentation say are involved in the GRIB conversion process?

>Thanks for any and all help!
>
>AG

Thanks,
Jeff Krob
WINGRIDDS System Developer
andyg

Post by andyg »

Jeff,

My ooops, I meant ETAL macro.

As for version wingridds 1.0 the most recent beta version prior to 2.8

I'll download some of the cmc and WRF data today with the GRIB files that I used.

I didn't see any visible errors or get any error messages during the grib file conversion process.

How much of the .OUT file do need?

Thanks.

Andy
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Andy,

With the WINGRIDDS.OUT file, send the whole thing. With the NGRB2PCG32.OUT send just the first hundred lines or so then the last area where the inventory is listed.

Thanks,
Jeff