Found some errors

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Craig Setzer

Found some errors

Post by Craig Setzer »

Hey Jeff, you've done an amazing amount of work here and I'm surprised I've only found just a few little errors.

First, the NGRB2PCGRD32.EXE in the current version of PCGRIDDS32 is different from the version in WINGRIDS, maybe you can include the latest in the PCGRIDDS executables. The WINGRIDS version convert grib2 but the PCGRIDDS32 version doesn't (I may just have an older version but can't get the executable without downloading the complete version).

Second, the thing I found in WINGRIDS are in the /USER/ files. Some of the ftp routines have incorrect addresses and some have incorrect formats. I have only found a few so far and I'll try to let you know when I find others. A few of note:

In NMB2002.DAT, the address is
and should be
but there is also a problem with the position of
/DF.grd1/
which should occur later in the string. This is also true for NMB2062, NMB2122 and NMB2182.DAT

I will try to document all of the errors and fixes and post them when I find most of them.

Craig
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Craig,

Thanks for all the info. I just converted the latest GFS global file packed w/ GRIBII & it worked fine. You should have NGRB2PCG32 VERSION 3.2 05/01/2006 & that is what is included in the PCGRIDDS32 v3.3 Complete file. If you are behind the curve in updates, just download the Complete zip file 7 unpack what you need.

As for the download scripts, I'm sure there are many errors as the NWS has changed up their servers. I don't have much time right now to attack & test all of that but maybe in the summer. Do please pass along all errors you come across & I'll incorporate them & release an updated set this summer.

Thanks again,
Jeff
WINGRIDDS System Developer
Craig Setzer

Post by Craig Setzer »

Sounds good Jeff, in fact, I can make changes to the /USER/ files as I go and send them to you or just document them, which ever is easier for you.
If you want me to send you corrected files, let me know how you want to receive them.

Craig
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Craig,

I just went through & found all of the GFS errors (I hope) as well as the ones you posted. If you find other script errors, just post them here or email them to the address listed at winweather.org.

Thanks again,
Jeff