Exporting

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Roy Leep

Exporting

Post by Roy Leep »

Is there a way to export a map on a scheduled basis? What would the script be for this?

Thanks
gkasica

Re: Exporting

Post by gkasica »

Roy Leep wrote:Is there a way to export a map on a scheduled basis? What would the script be for this?

Thanks
Roy, you would just need to write a script and then schedule it to run at a set time. It might look someting like this (this will export a jpg image but you'll have to edit the drive and direcories etc. but you'll see the commands used at least:

LOAD,E:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\Great Lakes Satellite.dmf

PRODUCT,plf,0,METAR
ANALYZE,CONT COLOR=0:200:0 VKNT WSPD
ANALYZE,BKNT COLOR=0:0:200 WIND
EXPORT,W:\DAWS\GREATLAKES.jpg
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

Thanks, George.

I used the "save" command at the end of some scheduled maps and acheived the desired results.

Roy
gkasica

Post by gkasica »

Roy Leep wrote:Thanks, George.

I used the "save" command at the end of some scheduled maps and acheived the desired results.

Roy
That'll work too :) EXPORT may give you more choices of frmats though that might be smaller thana BMP file.

From the docs:

SAVE,filename
Saves a map. The filename parameter is the fully qualified filename without the extension (i.e. without .bmp).

EXPORT,filename
Exports a map (i.e. saves it to a variety of formats and without the accompanying .atr file). The filename parameter is the fully qualified
filename with a valid extension (may be bmp, gif, jpg, png, pcx, or tif). Compressed TIFF saving is not available.
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

Thanks again;

Roy