Radar Echo Summary

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Alan

Radar Echo Summary

Post by Alan »

How can I script the old "Radar Echo Summary" into maps? The download location is no longer listed in the data retrieval window, and I'm not even sure that Digital Atmosphere still supports it.

I would use the new radar selection, but I don't need high-resolution radar data for this particular map.
wxwatcher

Post by wxwatcher »

Alan, are you still looking for the Radar Echo Summary Charts? That map is still available at NWS website. Here's a script to download using DigATMEquinox and auto print using Irfanview (great shareware program). You can't view it with DA but you can download it and print it.

set,5,c:\Weather\Surface
Download,http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/QAUA00. ... tRadar.tif
Spawn c:\IrfanView\i_view32 $$5\latestradar.tif /silent /rotate_l /resize_long=2100 /aspectratio /print,,1
Alan

Post by Alan »

Yes, however, I remember this being part of DA. It was the 'old' radar method before individual radar sites were supported.

Thanks,

Alan
Ross

Echo summary

Post by Ross »

I use this script.
download,http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\my_data\rcmRadar.dat
ingest,C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\my_data\rcmRadar.dat
product,rad,plot

If that is what you are looking for.

Ross
alona

when trying this script igot an error>>>

Post by alona »

could not find digatmos.ccl in location RadarSetup

how to fix this please?
ty
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Whoa ... wait a minute. Are you getting DAWS to plot RCM radar? I thought that dropped out after DA2000? I tried your script with no errors, but nothing plots.
Ross

rcm data

Post by Ross »

I use this site.
you do need to add a file from an older version of da I think it is DIGATMOS.CCL not sure though.
The download doesn't always give rcm data, I download hourly at at 50 minutes past the hour and that usually gets good rcm data.

download,http://meteora.ucsd.edu/weather/observa ... C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\my_data\rcmRadar.dat
ingest,C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\my_data\rcmRadar.dat
product,rad,plot

Ross
wxenthus

Post by wxenthus »

So how can we fix this? I am also wanting radar data for the US (like Wally is doing), but I'm receiving the same error. Is there another way, or is there a way to download the missing variable to make it work?
Thanks - Mike