Running script winsock error 10053

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
synoptic

Running script winsock error 10053

Post by synoptic »

I did run this script on a windowsME and XP machine and I did not have any errors but I resently did put DigAtm Eq v1.12 on a windows server 2003 machine and I now get an error winsock error # 10053 Connection aborted. Any one that can tell me what that can be, I now it somehow holds the FTP connection between script and domain server where the maps needs to go to. But I have no solution till now.

Winsock happends when transfering maps,
upload,ftp://XXXXX:XXXXX@ftp.XXXXXXXX/public_h ... X\map1.gif

Hope someone knows what to do.
Marcel
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

Ok, found out one thing myself, in the server 2003 the firewall of windows blocks something. I did set a exeption rule for digatmos.exe to pass the firewall but some how the firewall blocks some part in the middle of ftransporting by ftp and gives the winsock error. When I turn off the firewall, problems are solved and all works fine so what exeption rule do I need to make for good ftp, what port uses digatmos? or what else do i need to set in the firewall?
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

Finaly fixed so it seems!
When running Windows Server 2003 just a rule off digatmos in the Windows Firewall is not enough. You need to add a second rule TCP Port 23 needs to be open to. After some testing it looks like this solved the error off Winsock Error 10053.

Need it use it!
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

This is bad I hoped I solved the error but somehow I get it today again.
Seems I need to turn off the firewall to get a good connection. But where do I get a good Server firewall?
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

I finaly have the right settings found to run digatmos.exe on a windows server 2003 system. I installed a new firewall Comodo Firewall Pro for servers and disabled the windows firewall. Now digatmos.exe runs without any error for ftp transmition. I'm realy happy now.
I'm sorry I was thinking the error was in the script I made so this tread now seems on the wrong place.

Marcel
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

What did you do to correct this program? It just started to do it on my WIN2000 platform about 3 weeks ago. Thanks so much. The error gets kinda annoying!
synoptic

Post by synoptic »

If you use the windows firewall Disable it and find an other one. The windows firewall stops the connection even when you have a rule for it.
I did install Comodo free firewall and all works fine now.
One problem with that comodo I did not find out how to get Remote connection pas by. But thats only when you want to use an other computer to login to the server.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Thanks for your help. It was weird. It looks like main computer was on for like 6 days and it messed something up in the server. Once i did a reset on the main computer, my DAWS computer uploaded images just fine! Weird i know!