New updates???

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
wxforecaster

New updates???

Post by wxforecaster »

Just wondering if anyone heard of any new word on updates for the program? I know Tim was moving to OK but haven't heard from him since. We haven't received a MAJOR upgrade in a very long time (years). Wondering if this project is now dead???
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Yes, a major update is in the works. I can't talk about any specifics, sorry.

Tim
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Can you at least tell us when it is supposed to be released? Thanks
severe storm_forecaster

Re: Updates for DAE

Post by severe storm_forecaster »

Hey Jon...

Hope this finds you well. Tim assured me awhile back that he will be working on what appears to be a major update. He could not give any details, but word is that it will be well worth the wait. Tim fully realizes it's been a long time since any updates, and I'm sure he will get something out soon. All I can suggest is to try and be patient, like the rest of us.

I share in your frustrations with this, but trust me, Tim is doing everything he can right now, and the last thing he needs is for people to get crazy over this. Please understand, I am NOT making excuses for Tim, but rather to try and keep "peace" in the family, so to speak.

Take care of yourself Jon, and I'll chat with ya again soon.

Randy
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

It has been almost a month since my last message.. Is there anything you can release to us yet? I know many of us are waiting for another update and GRIB scripting which many programs can do already! Thanks!
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

In my opinion, the software and forum are pretty much dead. Books seem to be the money maker for Tim
Peter

Why are people complaining

Post by Peter »

I find the current discussions on the forum very annoying indeed.

Tim has had personal problems which are none of our business, they are for Tim to sort out and having had similar problems I do understand his time constraints. I believe he is in the process of moving and to move house along with moving business is also very time consuming.

Therefore IF he can find time to continue development of DA then fine but it does no good at all complaining. The software works well, as well as it did when we purchased it and so any upgrades are a bonus not an expected or automatic thing.

I have always been happy with DA, it has satisfied my requirements and as they haven't changed (my requirements that is) DA continues to satisfy me.

Regarding the comment that this forum is dying: we are the forum, not Tim. He has other things to do and if he can earn money from books (which we buy anyway) then all the good for Tim and I say 'sell as many as you can' because I will buy them.

So let's stop moaning and groaning, use DA until Tim might be able to find time for upgrades. Stop complaining about this forum because it is up to us to input to the forum and help each other and not use it as a moaning board.

Now I have that off my chest maybe the forum will contain more useful and technical comments regarding DA, that will help others.

Regards everyone
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Any new information yet by chance?

Thanks,
Jon
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Careful, you will offend Peter.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Well it has been summer and still no updates to us! Still waiting.......