RELEASED: Digital Atmosphere Equinox V1.51 beta (SUPERSEDED)

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

RELEASED: Digital Atmosphere Equinox V1.51 beta (SUPERSEDED)

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Equinox V1.51 beta is now available:
http://www.weathergraphics.com/dl/da-eq ... 51-std.exe (20 MB)

This is a STANDARD version for testing only. No Professional version will be available until a stable release is ready.

List of changes since V1.50:

EQUINOX V1.51 21-Feb-09

* Preferences will be reset. Preferences are now being established in the registry HKCU\DigAtmEquinox key instead of HKCU\DAFusion. This will allow Digital Atmosphere to co-exist independently of all older versions. Older preferences will NOT be imported.

* Changed setup program to require admin privileges, since correct font installation under XP/2000/Vista requires power user or admin privileges.

* Fixed extra solidus in ImportData module that may cause a \\data.usr not found error IF the user is using File > Preferences > Misc2 > Copy Data To Local File.

* Fixed Mercator isoplething issues caused by unnecessary checks against drawing isopleths in part of the canvas that's in outer space.

* Changed the set of default data (OUTPUT. files) to conform to the new internal surface data class definition (older OUTPUT files cause a read beyond end of file error if not refreshed by downloading new data).

All suggestions, comments, and thoughts are welcome since my time is now allocated for programming again. The foremost priority is to make sure that no one is seeing any fatal errors.

Thanks!

Tim Vasquez
packman

Post by packman »

Tim

Don't know if this was deliberate, but my version is still showing as v1.50. The file date is recent and the Mercator problem looks OK so I'm sure it's the new version.

Chris
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Doh -- you're right, the version number was not edited. It shows as 1.50 but is really 1.51.

Tim