2.04 question

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
lrdheat

2.04 question

Post by lrdheat »

Quality control now works!

I can't get my digatmos.mnu preferences to take in 2.04. I would like potential temps in intervals of 2C, for example, and with thin lines. 2.04 default is thick 1C lines. I want MSLP in 2mb vs default 2.04 4mb interval. How do I get my preferences to take?

Heatwave

Should I notice anything missing in available stations in the new file (as it stands in 2.04 today) that is described as being phased in as compared to the digatmos.stn file which is being phased out?
lrdheat

figured it out

Post by lrdheat »

The analysis tab has an option to edit analysis scripts. If program cannot save changes due to file not found, locate the file, and place it where 2.04 looks for it...this is the file indicated on the blue bar at the top of the page that comes up when editing the analysis script.

Heatwave

Anyone know about the new station id files vs. old digatmos.stn?
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Tim said he's working to get the new station file spec ironed out and documented. The old station ID files had problems with FAA and ICAO identifiers being mixed up, NEXRAD site codes occupying the station name field, etc, etc, and the whole thing has been in need of an overhaul for some time. The station count has gone up from about 16,000 I think to 28,000 or so.

p
Peter

digatmos.mnu preferences

Post by Peter »

Using the Analysis - Edit Analysis Scripts..
This allows viewing of the .mnu script and does not work for saving the file.
Viewing the file, you can change it but not save it because DA is open and has 'protected' the file from changes while it is in use by DA.

Therefore to change the file it is necessary to quit DA and open the file in a text editor such as Notepad and change and save as required.

Running DA then will have the 'new' .mnu file.

Quote 'I would like potential temps in intervals of 2C, for example, and with thin lines. 2.04 default is thick 1C lines. I want MSLP in 2mb vs default 2.04 4mb interval.' Unquote

For Potential Temps, change CINT from 1 to 2 for a 2 deg interval and LINE=1
For MSLP change CINT from 4 to 2 for a 2mb interval

For further explanation refer to DA Manual or Help file Appendix - Analysis Scripting

Regards
Peter

digatmos.mnu preferences

Post by Peter »

My initial comments below are incorrect for DA 2.06.

Using DA 2.04 I couldn't edit the analysis script while DA was open but using DA 2.06 I find I can edit with DA running.

Regarding Station Tables: you can select the new .CSV file or the old .STN file and use whichever one you prefer.

Regards