da-2.06-std Problem with finding data.usr file

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Wood Ant

da-2.06-std Problem with finding data.usr file

Post by Wood Ant »

Hello,
I started to use da-2.06-std. And sadly I have found a problem in that using Vista (64) DA reports:

Digital atmosphere encountered an error: Can not open file C:\Users\Michael\Appdata\Local\Digitalatmosphere\data.usr.

I have also preformed a search and this file was not not found.
Does any one have the same problem or can one suggest a fix?
Should I revert to using an older version ?

regards
Michael
Peter

DA 2.06 error

Post by Peter »

Wood Ant wrote: Digital atmosphere encountered an error: Can not open file C:\Users\Michael\Appdata\Local\Digitalatmosphere\data.usr.
I think data.usr is the file where the processed data is stored ready for analysis and plotting.
DA 2.06 Pro didn't show this problem on my computer but I am using Windows XP SP3.

Suggest you drop Tim a line as it might only apply to Vista 64

Regards
chuck

Post by chuck »

C:\Users\Michael\Appdata\Local\Digitalatmosphere\d ata.usr.

this may just be a typo in this post. But there is a space between d and ata.usr
Chuck
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Thanks for the replies I will drop Tim a line sory about the typo, should be data.usr
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Do I send a message to Tim via the weather graphics site?
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

You are welcome to just create a blank file in that directory called "data.usr". It only holds recently acquired weather data in plaintext format and Digital Atmosphere is simply checking for any content in the file. I have added the file to the build manifest so that it's present in future updates of Digital Atmosphere.

Let me know if it really showed "d ata.usr" (with the break in the word) as that would be a totally different problem.

Tim
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hello Tim,

Thank for you reply.
Firstly it was a Typo.

I have tried your sugestion and the problem and it causes another error:
Digital Atmosphere encounter and error: Cannot create file.

Any further thoughts on this

Thanks.
Michael
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Do you still have the file open in an editor somewhere? It sounds like DA is locked out by something else that is using the file.

Tim
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Tim,

Tim Vasquez wrote:Do you still have the file open in an editor somewhere? It sounds like DA is locked out by something else that is using the file.

Tim
data.usr was not open in an editor. I rebooted my system, DA still showed that error.
I notice there is a dirctory called data, which files are saved as obs.001 etc I guess this is correct.
Just to check, the path for data.usr: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\DigitalAtmosphere, is correct?
Which program should be used to create it. ( notepad ), and save as a blank txt file?

Have any other ideas?

Many Thanks
Michael
chuck

Post by chuck »

I had this problem a couple of years ago. It was caused by a corupted file during Install. It was only fixed when I had to reinstall vista due to different problems. Have you tried to deleate digitalatomspere and down load a new install. Check with Tim but this may be the only way.
Chuck