Problem recompiling station tables

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
smiller

Post by smiller »

I'm using DA v2.06 (evaluation version) and recently updated DIGATMOS.STN with additional stations. When I select "Recompile station tables", a message is returned asking "Where is DIGATMOS.STN?" and asks where the LIL location identifier file is located. The problem is, there is nothing to select on this prompt to tell DA where the file is located. In my case, the DIGATMOS.STN file is located in the default directory. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can get DA to recognize that the station listing was updated so I can plot these stations?

Thanks,

Sean
Peter

Post by Peter »

Have you tried File - Station Tables - Import Custom Table

This allows you to find where the .STN file and Location Identifier table .CSV are located.

DA is setup to show only access to import default LIL table but try using the 'import custom table' option and you can import the old STN or the new LIL tables after you have downloaded the updated table, as you have done.

Regards
smiller

Post by smiller »

Thanks for the advice and explanation, Peter. That seems to have done the trick.

Sean
lrdheat

problems here...

Post by lrdheat »

Pete and Sean:

I've downloaded the updated files (using the custom import option) into v2.06. When I try to generate a map centered with one of the new id's (KRYW, for example), digatmos cannot find the station. Yet, when I open the new digatmos.stn file, KRYW is there. Sean: when you try to generate a new map using KRYW or say, KDZB, does your program recognize the station id? I can't do anything with the recompile stations option as it asks for a path to the file, but provides no means of doing so.

Heatwave
Peter

Post by Peter »

Use the File - Station Tables

select Import default LIL table and DA will recompile the tables OR select Import Custom Table and it asks for where the tables are located.
Select which table to recompile and DA recomplies the selected table beit LIL.csv or digatmos.stn

Mine is doing it right as I type this reply.

I do not know what the File - Recompile Station Tables does anymore and suspect it is a hangover from earlier versions and has been replaced with 'Station Tables'

Regards
lrdheat

Post by lrdheat »

Pete...when you go to the create map part of the program, and ask it to make a map centered on , say, KRYW or K0F2 (new id's), does your program recognize these id's? Mine says it doesn't recognize the id's even though when I look at the new file from Wally Mayo of updated id's in wordpad, the stations are there!

Heatwave
Peter

Post by Peter »

OK I will start again after sending a reply and the whole thing was lost.
FYI: I am on a rolling ship in the North Sea with intermitent internet at 3-4Kb/s at best so here goes again....

You have recomplied station tables either Digiatmos.stn or locationindentifier.csv.
Download Synop data

Go to File - Station Tables - Audit last data import for missing stations

Look through the list to make sure your station is NOT on the list.
That tells you that there is data from the station in the download.

Open up the map section and generate a map centred on for example KRYW with a scale of 400nm.
As you can see I have done the above and generated a map of southern Texas as I would expect. In the middle is station KRYW.

You might have to adjust the data plot crowding decrease or increase to show the required station plot, but this works in my DA 2.06.

The other stations you mentioned, I agree DA does't recognise them and that could be for many reasons as it doesn't say they are missing when using the 'Audit last data import....' Therefore DA isn't seeing them in the STN or LIL tables either but that's another issue and above my head.

Regards
Attachments
NewPicture100.jpg
smiller

Post by smiller »

@Heatwave: I don't have those specific stations in my digatmos.stn file, as I only updated it to add certain stations in my area. However, following the steps Peter provided allowed me to successfully get these stations recognized by DA, as well as use them with the "generate map" feature as you are attempting.

Sean