Scheduler format?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
garyburnett44

Scheduler format?

Post by garyburnett44 »

Hi all
Just trying to schedule some scripts from a directory outside digital atomospheres default. Cannot work out how to format command. Have tried variations on 1955 D:\dadata\scripts\wind.dsf but to no avail. If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated
Gary
Budgie

Re: Scheduler format?

Post by Budgie »

Just setup the scheduler that's built in to DA and then use something like System Scheduler to open and close DA.
I set DA to open 2 minute before a run and then close about 10 minutes later. The 10 minutes is to allow for slow broadband speeds that occasionally occur.
garyburnett44

Post by garyburnett44 »

Hi Budgie
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure that I expressed the question properly. What I meant was when using scheduler in DA, it only reads dsf files that are in AppData\Local\DigitalAtmosphere folder. What I was trying to do was schedule in DA a script in My Documents. I tried to specify the full path, but DA scheduler did not read the files. I have side stepped the issue but placing all my scripts in AppData\Local\DigitalAtmosphere. The question is what does DA scheduler expect as full path to file?
Not a massive porblem, but I like to work out as much as possible about the software.
regards
Gary
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

I see where you're coming from now.
I've not tried that way of working as I normally just use DA's own editing & saving structure and if I need anything else then I use Notepad to work on the scripts and then copy & paste them into DA.
So I'm not much help on this one.
garyburnett44

Post by garyburnett44 »

Hi Budgie
after some time tinkering with the scheduler, I arrived at the same conclusion as you - use DA file structure as it works fine. I have got it working and got some basic charts on my site. When I have time I'll create some more.
regards
Gary
embayweather

Post by embayweather »

Sorry to add to an old thread but I am having a similar problem. Each time I try to run a script, no matter where I have put it the scheduler says it cannot be found. I have been very particular about getting the exact location of the script into the scheduler as it says in the manual, but even from isdie the program it cannot be found. The script suns happily on manual.
Any advice would be welcome please.

Best wishes

Mike
embayweather

Post by embayweather »

I think I have solved the problem now

Best wishes

Mike
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

How did you sort it, Mike, just in case someone is looking in the future? ;)
embayweather

Post by embayweather »

I just put the script file into the DA program folder. It was not in a Scripts folder or anything like that, just dropped it in amongst the .exe file, map folders, .dll files etc.

Hope it helps someone, if not please get in touch and I can give you more detailed ion.

Best wishes

Mike
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

Thanks Mike.

For info, my files are in C:\Users\weather\AppData\DigitalAtmosphere ("weather" being the PC name).
This is where DA put them when I installed it on the PC, but there's also a folder under C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphere with some program files in it as well.