The Weather Forecasting Forum

Discussions about the latest in meteorology, programs, tools, and techniques
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:08 pm 

Hello,

Do you need very precise weather forecasting software?

The spring thunderstorms can be forecasted very well with weather prediction model. It's a software for Linux, running on fast hardware, downloading data from a meteo center, making a lot of mathematical calculations.

The software display variables like temperature, wind, pressure, moisture, precipitation, cape, 0-1 and 0-6 km wind shear, helicity, vorticity, heights, specific humidity, mixing ratio, water vapor pressure, stom motion, virtual temperature, omega, static stability, potential temperature, theta-e, dew point depression, ground temperature, surface pressure, storm relative flow at given levels, accumulated rainfall, potential vorticity, lifted condensation level, level of free convection, radar reflectivity, infra red simulated satellite image, cloud top temperature, divergence, convergence, energy helicity index, precipitable water vapor, density, virtual potential temperature, wet bulb temperature, ageostrophic wind, vorticity generation potential, vertical velocity, absolute vorticity and others.

The JET weather outlook software forecast various weather phenomena, like cloud type - cirrus, cirrostratus, cirrocumuls, altostratos, altocumulus, nimbostratus, cumulus, cumulus humilis, cumulus humilis fractos, mediocris, congestus/ towering cumulus, Cb, singlecell, multicell, supercell, mini supercell, pulse storm, thunder-storm, thunder-snow, microburst, convective inversion, rain, snow, sleet, frozen ground, shower, low visibility due to mist, fog, industrial fog, warm and cold air advection, blizzard, extreme cold temperatures, fire danger due to low huimidity and high winds, low visiblity due to intensive precipitation, turbulence, jet stream, jet streak, floods, flash floods, wind chill, lightnings, tornado watch, wind categroy from Beaufort and others.

The software is continously developed by very bright scientist, currently the temperature bias between observed and forecasted temperature in the range 0-18 forecast hours is around 0.8 degree C and in the next version will be around 0.4C.

Do you like all that? I can go further into details about the math, physics, and meteorological side of the software.

I you need it, I will be happy to install it for you. Mail: stormlaboratory@gmail.com.

Best regards,
Angel Dimitrov
Only for US/Canada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 pm 

Angel Dimitrov wrote:
Hello,

Do you need very precise weather forecasting software?

The spring thunderstorms can be forecasted very well with weather prediction model. It's a software for Linux, running on fast hardware, downloading data from a meteo center, making a lot of mathematical calculations.

The software display variables like temperature, wind, pressure, moisture, precipitation, cape, 0-1 and 0-6 km wind shear, helicity, vorticity, heights, specific humidity, mixing ratio, water vapor pressure, stom motion, virtual temperature, omega, static stability, potential temperature, theta-e, dew point depression, ground temperature, surface pressure, storm relative flow at given levels, accumulated rainfall, potential vorticity, lifted condensation level, level of free convection, radar reflectivity, infra red simulated satellite image, cloud top temperature, divergence, convergence, energy helicity index, precipitable water vapor, density, virtual potential temperature, wet bulb temperature, ageostrophic wind, vorticity generation potential, vertical velocity, absolute vorticity and others. My father, who is an attorney, said his client's firm uses this on a daily basis. You may want to look into it.

I you need it, I will be happy to install it for you. Mail: stormlaboratory@gmail.com.

Best regards,
Angel Dimitrov
Only for US/Canada

Hi Angel,

I am a statistics student who is hoping to get my masters in stats some day. I am also extremely interested in weather forecasting. working on a research project and I was wondering where I could get this software from? Thanks

Last edited by frankie88 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:32 pm 

His website use to be www.stormlab.net but it comes up "under construction".