Ver F Now Expired

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Stu

Ver F Now Expired

Post by Stu »

My version F has now expired :(

Is there any way to get this working again as I am in mid chase now until the 25th May.

Even worse my older DA 2000 now wont analise dewpoints :evil: and I feel VERY data poor right now.

Help .........
jrader

me too

Post by jrader »

mine finally did as well. Was we supposed to consider this as a beta version or as a registered copy needing us to follow the instructions for grandfathered purchasers?

I ordered DA 2000 i think less than 6 months ago but I don't recall just this minute. plus, I'm doing this beta on my laptop and not the computer it will be installed normally.
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Is Tim STILL in da house? Something must've really grabbed his attention. For a while, he was commenting every several days (back in March, early April). We haven't seen a word since April 15.

(During this tornado season, I sure would like to be able to generate some more of the wonderful charts DAWS could do.)
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

He is over at the Stormtrac.Org site. Busy with chase season I believe.
Tim Quinlan

DAWS expires when patch F applied

Post by Tim Quinlan »

As with a number of other users, my version of DAWS expired when I applied patch f..

This has come at a bad time when I need to provide at least static images to the folks at TERC who are working on the Web component of our new weather exhibit. (Museum of Science in Boston).

To add to the frustration, both weatherman and weather @weathergraphics.com are bouncing back emails. I have sent these bounced back emails on to Tim by fax.

I hope this can be taken care of quickly.
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

That's http://www.stormtrack.org

Can anyone catch him over there (or wherever) and convince him to do a 30-day extension or something?

This is a bad season to be down and dry. Doesn't chase season run into June? I'd hate for DAWS to be inoperable that long!
Carl Sidor

Ver F expired

Post by Carl Sidor »

Greetings all,
My version has expired also. This is somewhat unexpected, as I had already registered my copy of DAWS. I applied the key number Tim gave me before the 'f' patch was installed. No change in the expired status of the program. I trust an acceptable solution will soon be forthcoming, as Tim is a trustworthy person, as far as I am concerned. Perhaps we need to be patient a little while longer. The reward will be worth it.
Cordially,
Carl Sidor
chuck

Re: Ver F expired

Post by chuck »

Carl Sidor wrote:Greetings all,
My version has expired also. This is somewhat unexpected, as I had already registered my copy of DAWS. I applied the key number Tim gave me before the 'f' patch was installed. No change in the expired status of the program. I trust an acceptable solution will soon be forthcoming, as Tim is a trustworthy person, as far as I am concerned. Perhaps we need to be patient a little while longer. The reward will be worth it.
Cordially,
Carl Sidor

Did you download the program more than one time..If so then only the first copy will show when patch is installed. Not the copy that you reg.
Chuck
Carl Sidor

ver F now expired

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Chuck,

I downloaded only the originial version when it was released. I downloaded each patch as they became available, and installed them in sequence. There were no duplicate installations. When the extension of the original 30 day trial came out, that is when the problem occured. I had registered my copy before the 'f' patch came out. It seems that the extension nullified my registration. I can come to no other conclusion at this time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor