Please help with US Radar

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Wood Ant

Please help with US Radar

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi All,

I have been having a play with US Radar BR248 plots, and have been using a collection of lines to collect, plot and save my data.

RADAR,BR248,ABR ABX ADW AKQ AMA AMX APX ARX ATL ATX
RADARSAVE,D:\DIGITAL ATMOSPHERE\RADAR DATA\LATEST\\BR248 1.rad

Is an example.

These work reasonable well, since you have to specify each station you wish to collect.
Its a pity there is not one file that contains the lot. So I have a script that downloads and plots radar for all of the USA, made up of many lines.

This Script is run every 15mins is used generate and Jpg that is turned into a movie with FFMPEG, all works well then DA throws up an access error with files named nids.001 etc, after a few hours, usually over night. These are generated by DA and placed it the
"C:\Users\***l\AppData\Local\DigitalAtmosphere\data" , Folder.

Can help with my problem.

Regards Michael.
Greg Higgins

Re: Please help with US Radar

Post by Greg Higgins »

What data is in those files (nids)?
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for replying.

I think its just Radar data, i thhink these are temporary files and only hold one station plot, as they get up dated very quickley as the Radar data is collected.

There is also a file generated called nids.bin in (C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\DigitalAtmosphere) which also holds radar data and is constantly updated while radar is collected.

I have included two files for you to look at.

Regard Michael
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

The forum does not allow attachments, you'll have to cut and paste some of the data into a message or provide a link.
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Data Sample as requested. From nids.bin

SDUS52 KTBW 181804

NTPTBW

xÚ5W]ˆ$W¾ýÚL¦wî½Õ#Q$Ö½5È"¢]·&úªGW–®ê™®YD$ÈTODR=AA‚l÷dgÖÑô$ˆ¶F >l¯Á±UD|};>ˆHÖïÜNv`™éósÏù¾s¾{»»ÉjÙ“WžJzuÆØæƒR>P»²÷É«ƒ½'ÿʵä)?|,|¬³Ûjm\½ÖÇßø…õ/¯»1ÖÝ©_B`ãþ}ÆžþÄý·_{„=Çú¬ÎÞðßdWÉëíǝ¯aïü»Q˜ñ¿À7øoóKü2ïóëüYþ"¿Å_寳]^Õž¿¼j>Á¾Í¶jryù¾q
>0·XÎ37~þA||Tcµ‡ßs·öÖ¾xµy(•öt°H%«ÜÓÞÎix>‘=´vÅÇ^?“lƒmwíx¾&Ò½\è8‰gJùû½íÝ@öÁ¶XžJÆIÔ´Í30ÂÀ…ùÛõhèØ#ð)²€<D—q<ê™aòÖ¬‚]rVœ$c9“^v0M§‘¢Ò^;Ò7µ'=@ÔbÆùõÚž´*;†£ñ)Í+f0…ý2ì±TùÀX#’£Qz#Z»ôFŒ]dŸ‚}(…¦'mšg…ÒË{r(o¯4Ðw„Ù@[…Tí›I1í™ÐÜ\Iôúª

And from nids.001

SDUS53 KEAX 181807

NTPEAX

xÚUÕ„ßuÀñ÷ç{ß÷¯»õq;¹’uý“šmý:9Y×-ÙåœÛV3I’L*©$I*I’š¤2É$IRI’d’Ì$3I’$I’dÎ$É]ßkýñ}¼yóy¾?ï—÷Ÿí£¡YÞ³pãÜ5½Âhkæw,îšß³ë²K¦v\½wjëÌÖ™-WŒµ‹»—=øK³+¡ ›C8g¹yl08²¶ÂK×VŸ;Úß–ÿ¦ö ãƒ[aõäw/ÿ¯½ÉÐ5ÝH»ÒµÝXwZ7ÞMtgt›ºén[7ÂìJn}‡»zÓÍúÈì©Éö¼Á+ƒƒÇB³þÞÆÃïž=8¾¯ Íd>Þìý
)Lœ8µ…~hC;TÔ&jšÚFÍR×RKÔ>ê6ênêAêqêêEêõõu˜:J}E}OýB þ®¦Om &©s©‹¨Ë©íÔNj7u3µŸº—z˜z’:@¤^§Þ¡>¢>£¾¤¾¡~¤~£NR«ÃÕ+Ô8uuµ…º’š§©½Ô­ÔÔÔ£ÔÓÔÔ«Ô›ÔûÔ'Ôê8õõ3õõ×pô¨QêtjŠºº”ºŠºŽZ¦n¢n§î¡¢ž ž¥^¦^£Þ¦>¤>¥¾ ¾¦~ ~¥V¨†«Ÿ¨Ž:“:ŸÚLÍPsÔõÔ
Ô-ÔÔýÔ#ÔSÔóÔ+ÔÔ{ÔÇÔçÔ1ê[ê'êwêÏኁ¿ˆÿ"þEü‹øñ/â_Ä¿ˆÿ"þEü‹øñ/â_Ä¿ˆÿ"þEü‹øñ/â_Ä¿„ ÿþ%üKø—ð/á_¿„ ÿþ%üKø—ð/á_¿„ ÿþ%üKø—ð/á_¿„ ÿ2þeüËø—ñ/ã_Æ¿Œÿ2þeüËø—ñ/ã_Æ¿Œÿ2þeüËø—ñ/ã_Æ¿Œÿ2þü+øWð¯à_Á¿‚ÿ
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Greg,

Did you see the sample data I posted?

Have any Idea what maybe my problem

Many Thanks, Michael
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

My apologies, I haven't had time to look at this yet. I should have some free time next week.

Greg
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Greg,

Did you have a chance at look at the radar problem I have

Regards Michael
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

Michael,
Thanks for the bump! Again my apologies, got busy and completly forgot! Anyway, looked into it this morning and the best guess I can figure out is that there is a file in DA (digatmos.rad) that has the URL links to the radara data. When DA goes out to get the radar data, it creates a file (nids.001, nids.002, etc - depending on how many radar sites you are getting data from). After looking and playing with this file, I have discovered that MANY of the URLS are no longer valid (Iowa State, TAMU and AllisonHouse were some) so Tim or ??? needs to update those links (I think TAMU is completly gone). Also, if the data you requested is not available for whatever reason you will get an error also. So I htink that answers your question, not much of a solution but might point you in the right direction.

Good luck, take care!

Greg
Wood Ant

Post by Wood Ant »

Hi Greg,

Thank for yor help

Michael