WAFS

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Weasel

WAFS

Post by Weasel »

Just which WAFS files can be imported? It seems that the 06 and 12 files can't be imported along with the 00 files. I am also wondering just which ETA, AVN, and NGM files will work? I know the awp211 ETA imports just fine:) Can I use any of the rest with the program?

Thanks for a great program!!
Jeff Krob

WAFS

Post by Jeff Krob »

Can you be more specific??? First off, WAFS grids apply only to the AVN model. If the 00, 06 and 12 grid can't be imported, which ones can? (18z?).
Are you actually getting WAFS grids? You need to read up in the GRIB documentation included with PCGRIDDS32 about what the WAFS grids are about (Chapter 2).

Jeff
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Jeff,

I know what wafs grids are, why the times wouldn't import is a mystery. I placed all the files in the proper octant directories and set the WAFs coverage area.

As these are terribly slow downloads (for such tiny files) I think I'll just stick with the GFS and ETA Conus forecasts.

I'm still looking into just what Pcgridds32 can display using higher resolution data output from these models. I'll figure it out in time:)

Pat
Jeff Krob

WAFS Grids

Post by Jeff Krob »

The PCGRIDDS32 GRIB ingestor (NGRB2PCG32.EXE) can ingest any grid projection (Lat/Lon, Polar Stereographic, Lambert & Mercator) except Arakawa grids (Native ETA projection). You have to make sure the GRID.DAT file has the grid number you want to ingest and if it no there, add it. Of course, the WAFS GRIB ingestor, GRIB2PCG32.EXE is restricted to WAFS grids.

Jeff