grib-data import freezes up DAWS

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rik wessels

grib-data import freezes up DAWS

Post by rik wessels »

I´ve noticed the new DAWS 0.40 doesn´t allow importing grib-data files anymore . Anyone else having trouble with this? Especially when trying to import rather large files , DA simply begins importing , showing the hourglass , and freezes solidly : only way to exit it is then though windows-task manager and end process. Also : noticably absent in the new version , although I´m guessing this to be a temporary thing , are the metric fields for temperatures etc. in the analysis menu .
Scripting , however , seems to work instead of normal analysis contours ( if I want to plot °C temperature contours I can still do so , but through the means of a script ) . Also , regarding the color of the contourlines , I'm always getting BLUE contour lines , regardless of which values I'm using in the Color- argument . Must be something I'm doing wrong here :)

The grib-data I was trying to download and import was retrieved from this site :

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/data/

and then the AVN-folder , the file had a size of about 20Mb
Fred

Post by Fred »

You can easily change the temperature from F to C (and a lot more) by changing digatmos.mnu. See also the list with scripting parameters.

Greetings

Fred