NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0p

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

NEW PATCH AVAILABLE - V1.0p

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Workstation Patch V1.0p is now available at:
http://www.weathergraphics.com/download.htm

Changes from V1.0n to V1.0p (7/09/04)

* MAPPING: Improved mapping algorithm. Added river plotting (this only does major rivers throughout the world). Added Coastline setting to preferences, which may be left switched off to speed up plotting. Removed Preferences double-wide coastlines setting (deprecated by style files) and ocean fill points (algorithm no longer used).

* STYLES: Added Lake Fill (laf) color setting.

* STYLES: If the State/Province "Misc" setting is set to 1, then the state has a transparent fill, which prevents international borders from being cropped down.

* SCRIPTING: Changed "Remarks" (comments) character from colon ( : ) to pound (#). This change was made to help standardize user-modifiable files. This pound symbol must appear in the first column for the line to be ignored.

* MAP SETTINGS: Fixed latitude/longitude to not round map settings after program is restarted.

* MAP IMPORT: Fixed problem with importing JPEGs, GIFs, and BMPs.

* NEW GEOGRAPHY FILES: digatmos.gir, digatmos.gin, digatmos.gis (digatmos.gib deprecated)
Roy Leep

Patch P

Post by Roy Leep »

Tim:

I have added patch P but version still displays "n" on the DAW header.

Roy
Fred

Post by Fred »

I had the same problem. I removed the old digatmos.exe and then I installed the patch. I also had to change the installation into "full installation".

Fred
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

We don't need the "suspend highs and lows" in the workbox on the left (above status box) anymore do we?

I'm guessing you mainly worked on map issues this last round. So of course, the problem with unchecked ASUS01 highs/lows affecting the "enable draw mode" highs/lows still happens, and text creation doesn't work. No rush, just keeping the few remaining things of note to the surface.
Roy Leep

Range check error

Post by Roy Leep »

Latest patch "p" has not eliminated the range check error when plotting ASUS1. Fronts plot OK.

R.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Re: Range check error

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Roy Leep wrote:Latest patch "p" has not eliminated the range check error when plotting ASUS1. Fronts plot OK.
Not enough detail, so I could not address it this round. I just Retrieved frontal bulletins from NCEP and plotted them just fine with no errors.

Tim