Decrement/Increment Forecast Hour by 1 step buttons

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
ncwxman

Decrement/Increment Forecast Hour by 1 step buttons

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

I have discovered a bug in the Decrement/Increment Forecast Hour by 1 step buttons while in Cross Section mode. When I select the buttons they do not go the the next time step. They skip several forecast times.

For example: I load my file, draw cross section axis and select product that I want to view and the first forecast time (00) displays. When I "press" the Increment Forecast Hour button it goes to forecast hour 30 or 54, not forecast hour 03 like it should have. This has happened with various forecast model files. Seems to be a universal problem not tied to the model data. These buttons do work for plan view. Have not tested Time Sections yet with this feature.

Here is a link to the WINGRIDDS.LOG file contents from an attempt on this. (BTW: Was not able to post the entire contents of the file here on the forum)
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/n/c/nckev/W ... rement.txt

Jeff, again I thank you for your work.

Kevin
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

Thanks for all the info. I'll look into that.

Jeff
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

PS - you mentioned testing the buttons with a Time section. You shoed something to me I need to fix. Yes, the Forecast Hour Incriment buttons should work for Cross section however, they should be disabled for Time sections and both Forecast Hour and Level buttons should be disabled in Time section. Remember, Time sections are a display of time vs. vertical level and Cross sections are a display of area vs. vertical level. In Time sections, you should not be able to change the forecast hours by single incriments and you should not be able to change the vertical level incriments in either display.

If you want to change which forecast hours are used or change the vertical display, you have to recreate the Cross/Time section display with a new command string for that display. The Plan/Cross/Time dialogs for the GUI are coming shortly in the next release.

Thanks again for illistraiting(sp?) that to me.
Jeff
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

DOH! I was not thinking things through when I wrote that post. One would not need the forecast hour buttons for a TIME Section as you have noted.

I guess my oversite was a gain though. :D

Thank you,

Kevin